Are you 16-19? Passionate about film? Want a career in the film industry?
If so, the BFI Film Academy is for you. This course offers you the chance to be part of our future film industry.
Young Film Academy (YFA) is proud to be a partner in the BFI Film Academy Network. Young Film Academy will be running a 10-day course of filmmaking sessions (24th, 25th, 26th October, 4th, 5th, 11th, 12th, 18th, 19th, 25th November) in Barking and Dagenham, East London. The 20 most passionate and promising young filmmakers who apply will be selected.
For more information about the course see our website:
Young Film Academy are offering a practical course in short fiction filmmaking, based in Barking and Dagenham, in which participants work in teams to create films for a showcase cinema screening for the public.
As a student of the YFA BFI Film Academy:
• you will get hands-on filmmaking experience which will help you to develop practical knowledge and skills
• you can explore your own creativity and passions in a supportive and dynamic environment
• you will gain invaluable experience working alongside industry professionals who are respected practitioners in their field
• you will watch a range of cinema from British Independent to specialised films
• you will work in a team towards the completion of a professional movie
Once you have completed the Network course, you will become part the growing BFI Film Academy alumni network with access to events such as BAFTA career talks. You will also have the opportunity to complete a qualification on the course.
Run by film industry professionals, participants will benefit from their tutor's guidance and inside knowledge of how to break into the industry. The course contains workshops and masterclasses from some of the UK’s top film experts.
The course concludes with a showcase screening, organised and marketed by the participants, who will create their own distribution strategy for their film.