Syeda Begum is a fine artist based in East London. Predominantly working in painting, Begum's work spans across printmaking, drawing, textiles and photography as well.
Abstraction, identity, poetry and space are key elements in Begum's practice. Working with the language of painting, Begum's work is analytical, reductive and subjective.
- Components | V.23, The Old Biscuit Factory | 6th - 12th April 2018.
- Collective Possibilities | The Former Newington Library | 28th February - 5th March 2018. Curated by Julian Wild.
- Figments | Menier Gallery, London | 22nd-26th November 2016.
- Acava Open Studios | Mare Street, London | 24th - 25th September 2016.
- Visions | Hoxton Arches, London | 12th - 15th November 2015.
- Drawing in Conversation | Islington Arts Factory, London | 21st - 28th March 2014. Curated by Syeda Begum.
- Eclectic Shock | What If..? Gallery, Dartford | 5th - 17th August 2013.
- Parallax | The Mile End Art Pavilion, London | 30th May - 8th June 2013. Curated by Monica Shanta Brown.
- ACAVA Open Studios (Wandsworth Artist's Open House) | London | October 2012.
- Roy's Tea Salon Party | Commune Cafe, London | 19th September - 19th October 2012.
- Drawing A Masterpiece | West Wing Art Centre, Slough | 3rd-30th July 2012. Curated by Amreen Khan
- Wimbledon College of Art Degree Show 2012 | WCA, London | 14th - 23rd June 2012.