British painter Rebecca Sammon’s bold, poetic pieces pulse with vibrant immediacy. Often Rebecca’s pieces are inspired by nature and the human form within abstracted landscapes, moving from themes of mythical narrative into the more ambiguous, fluid space of uncertainty. The balance of delicate watercolor is often cut with energetic bold brushstrokes where shapes, florals or faces emerge. Recent works are inspired by travels through the Nepalese Himalayas, to the templed plains of Myanmar.
Rebecca Sammon is a British Artist originally from the North West of England. Rebecca studied Fine Art at the University of Brighton and Painting at Kansas City Art Institute. Rebecca currently works in London and Philadelphia.
- Porridge, Theatre Deli, London, 8 June 2019
- Inspiration Memento, Lingga Creative, London, 12 October 2018
- Lighter Works, Hoxton Cabin, London, September 2018
- Focus Katalog, Pilote Paris, May 16 2018
- North by North Western, Wigan, 2009
- Degree Show, South Gallery, Brighton, 2007