Joy Miessi translates moments, conversations, feelings and intimate thoughts into mixed media works. Through abstract shapes, figures and written musings, Joy utilises a range of processes to compose pieces that make reference to the duality of everyday life in the UK and Miessi’s Congolese heritage.
Joy has exhibited at Transmission Gallery, Protein Studios, and at gal-dem’s Friday Late at the Victoria and Albert Museum. Joy has also been a guest speaker at Iniva, Tate Modern and The Courtauld Institute of Art.
- The Gift of a Skort, solo show, Atom Gallery, London
- Do You Know Your Middle?, solo show, 198 Gallery, London
- Belonginess, Das Giftraum, Berlin
- RIOT! RIOT! RIOT!, Protein Studios, London
- The Other/d Artist/s, Transmissions Gallery, Glasgow
- Afro Portraitism, Republic Gallery, London