Bow Arts are inviting expressions of interest for the 6th RAW Labs artist residency at Royal Albert Wharf, Newham.
The residency takes place from March to July 2019.
Open to: Fine Artists / designers / makers. We particularly welcome expressions of interest from artist groups or collectives
RAW Labs is a community hub for Royal Albert Wharf, championing arts, culture and creativity with great coffee. The space is a key component of Bow Arts’ activity at Royal Albert Wharf, Newham, alongside 40 artist studios and a wider community and education programme. The space offers residents and visitors a changing programme of arts and cultural events and activities. We are keen to explore how arts and culture contribute to creating a sense of place at the heart of a newly formed neighbourhood. RAW Labs hosts regular classes, exhibitions and events alongside a café that is open to the public, currently on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Fee: Up to £4,000
- Rent-free workspace for the duration (typical rent £490 per month).
- Bursary of up to £4,000, comprising:
- £2,500 artist fee (to include a minimum of eight public-facing / education sessions)
- Up to £1,500 towards materials / equipment
How to apply: Please send an expression of interest to Rob Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining in no more than 500 words:
- Any initial ideas, themes or interests you hope to explore through the residency
(NB: We are not expecting fully formed proposals at this stage)
- How the opportunity will help develop your artistic practice
- An indication of the type and scale of public facing and/or educational activity you would be interested in offering, and your previous experience of delivering this type of work
- An indication of how the fee might support your residency
Please include up to 5 images of relevant previous work, and a link to your website where applicable. The total file size should not exceed 6mb.
The Deadline for expressions of interest is: Monday 14 January, 12noon.
Interviews for shortlisted artists will take place in the afternoon of Wednesday 23 January at RAW Labs.