The Youth Arts Club Assistant and Playscheme Leader will work with the Stitches in Time Playscheme Coordinator and Youth Arts Club Project Manager to devise, plan, deliver and administrate our Youth Arts Club, Youth Arts Festival and Summer Playscheme for local children and young people aged 5-16yrs in Limehouse, London.
We strive to provide a happy, stimulating and safe environment for children and young people to have lots of fun whilst learning and developing through accessing a wide variety of new creative opportunities and experiences.
*DBS check is required for this role.
HOURS & PAY: Part time/ freelance @ £20 per hour
Term time: 3.5 hours: 1 evening per week x 22 weeks per year with some planning days for 11-16yr olds. Occasional weekend workshops.
Summer Holiday time: 3 weeks of the Playscheme for up to 30 children aged 5-12yr held during August school summer holiday, with planning session prior, and evaluation meetings after.
Key Start Dates:
- One after school session on the w/c 30th April or 7th May
- One weekend workshop on either 5th/6th May 10-3pm
- One after school session per week, from w/c 24th June for 5-6 weeks, until beginning of August.
- 3 weeks in August with additional pre and post planning meetings.
Interview Date: 19th/20th April Closing date: 16th April
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researching, devising, coordinating and delivering two terms of Youth Arts Club annually and the August Playscheme with project managers.
- Working with staff in programming a range of safe, enjoyable, fun, creative, inspiring activities for 5-16yrs which will take place within Dora Hall/Limehouse Town Hall and outside on trips within the local area.
- Involving young people and youth volunteers in the planning of activities.
- Facilitating safe, good quality creative and artistic experiences.
- Working with managers in undertaking necessary administration, compiling all legal requirements including risk assessments, administration and registration documents.
- Communicate clearly relating to the club and the wellbeing of the young people, including equipment, health and safety, and safeguarding issues.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for application form, job description & person specification.