HOURS: 10am-2pm Mon-Fri
The role of Studio Coordinator is to assist managing hrm199, the studio of Haroon Mirza. The candidate will support Haroon Mirza in all aspects of running the studio. This includes coordinating the exhibition schedule, facilitating production of work, archive development and preparing financial information for accounting. They will be the first point of contact for all inquiries and will represent the artist in various situations and contexts. This role is based in London and will include travelling worldwide on occasion. The candidate should be a thoughtful and creative individual with energy and focus.
KEY PRIORITIES OF THE ROLE INCLUDE
- Responsibility for planning all projects from initial contact through installation, deinstallation and communication thereafter.
- Overseeing logistics, which includes communication with galleries, museums, collections and other organisations.
- Organising meetings, site visits, installation periods for artist and technical team.
- Responsibility for loans from the studio, liaising directly with institutions and galleries.
- Ensuring all artist fees and payments are invoiced for and paid on time.
- Working closely with technical team ensuring appropriate scheduling for production of art works and installation instructions are completed on time.
- Publications – editing texts for publication, liaising between artist, publisher, designer and commissioners. Proofreading.
- Researching projects and works and writing descriptions.
- Managing and updating the digital and physical archive of works.
- Keeping track of budgets and accounts and preparing books for accountants.
- Assisting with packing, unpacking art works in the studio.
- Any other ad hoc tasks that may be required such as purchasing goods, cleaning etc.
- Working out of hours on occasion.
• Good communication skills with different types of people
• Attention to detail
• Experience handling multiple projects
• MA in an art related field
• Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft Office and File Maker Pro
• Excellent knowledge of the current and historic artistic landscape
• 4 years of experience working in a similar position either in a gallery or artist studio
Please send a CV (1 page max) and covering letter (1 page max) to
Alice Hackney email@example.com by 10am on Thursday 17th August 2017
Photos copyright Haroon Mirza