Established in 2003, London Design Festival is one of the world's most important and influential global annual design events. Its role is to celebrate and promote London as the world’s design capital and gateway to the international design community. This year the Festival will run from 16-24 September with over 400 events and installations on offer across the capital, from a major exhibition programme at the V&A to citywide landmark projects, alongside 300 partners and design districts.
London Design Festival is looking for a Programme Assistant to assist on the promotion of the Partner events and our volunteer programme. The role is a four-month full-time position, which will involve working closely with the Partner Co-ordinator, Festival Manager and Communications Team.
The Programme Assistant will liaise directly with over 300 partnering organisation, working across the London Design Festival website and printed guide. They will also co-ordinate the schedule for our volunteer programme of over 80 volunteers.
- Liaising directly with Partnering organisations and volunteers to answer enquiries.
- Offer support to Partners during the website upload process and guide deadline.
- Checking images and copy for the London Design Festival guide and website.
- Editing the London Design Festival website events pages.
- Coordinate the volunteer programme and act as the main point of contact for all volunteers.
- Supporting the Festival team on administrative duties when needed.
- 1 year minimum relevant experience.
- A keen organisational sense with meticulous attention to detail.
- Should be confident working on a Mac with Microsoft Office Excel with a proficiency on Adobe Creative Suite, particularly In Design and Photoshop.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, working quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Ability to think clearly and solve problems effectively.
- Ability to work well in a team while being able to manage and prioritise your own workload.
If this sounds like you, please send a resumé and a one page covering letter with the subject line PROGRAMME ASSISTANT to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 MARCH 2017. We look forward to hearing from you.