Our Art Practitioner roles are for skilled artists who have experience of facilitating groups and experience working with young people.
This is a demanding, but incredibly rewarding opportunity to impart the wisdom and skills of your craft to groups of up to 13 15-17 year olds of varying abilities and backgrounds on the NCS Team Challenge with The Challenge. The skills you teach them will enable to them to take part in a social action project in areas of their local community. These could include care homes, youth clubs and homeless centres. The difference you can make is unimaginable.
For three days you will lead young people on this creative journey which will culminate with the design and delivery of a short showcase performance. Needless to say, you will need to have the following characteristics:
- Enthusiastic about motivating young people
- Experience of working with young people and the ability to build rapport with them
- Practical knowledge of art and experience leading facilitated sessions
- Ability to interpret the different curriculums creatively to involve all young people
- A flexible, creative and constructive approach to problem solving
- Flexible to travel to different areas within your geographical area
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve successful results
- A willingness to take responsibility for delivering a challenging and safe experience for participants
This role is suitable not only for freelancers but students and recent graduates of art and design.
The Challenge is a fast-growing social enterprise that connects and inspires people across Britain to strengthen their communities.
For further information or to apply please visit the job description or browse our other creative opportunities for the summer on our website: ncsthechallenge.org/jobs