Black Dog Publishing specialises in beautifully produced illustrated books that represent a fresh, eclectic take on contemporary culture. Starting from a base in art and architecture, we have grown to embrace subjects as varied as design, fashion, music and environmental concerns.
We are currently looking for a keen, creative and diverse graphic designer with previous experience of book design as essential. The applicant should have a portfolio that demonstrates the ability to respond creatively and appropriately to a multitude of subjects and material. A balance of conceptual and technical skill is crucial, as well as being able to articulate ideas clearly to fellow employees and clients.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following qualities and capabilities:
· A keen eye for detail and the ability to multi task
· Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· An ability to prioritise multiple responsibilities and organise workflow
· A strong interest in and knowledge of art, architecture and/or design
· Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Mac systems
The salary for the role is £18,000 per annum depending on experience. The hours of work are 9.30 am to 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday at our office in King’s Cross, London.
Please apply via email with a covering letter, CV and work samples attached in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Application –Graphic Designer clearly stated in the subject header.
Due to the high number of applicants, if you do not hear back after two weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful
Closing date: 21 April 2017